In Ethiopia, God has used ICCM to transform thousands of lives over the years. Orphans and extremely needy people have been lifted out of poverty. Promising youths, who otherwise would end up on the street, have received an education and live happy, productive lives. Entire families & churches have been blessed through each participant in our ministries. And best of all, countless people have been introduced to Jesus Christ, their Lord and eternal friend.
These ministries are ably run by a team of committed Ethiopian Christian leaders – including a governing Committee, a capable Director, and a dedicated network of Shepherds who work directly with all the participants. Of course, this is all possible thanks to ICCM’s many generous supporters – see our giving pages (Canada and USA).
ICCM’s Ethiopia activities are organized into 7 Programs:
- *Orphans– We rescue orphaned and abandoned children from the harsh living conditions of the streets, and place them with loving Christian “care parents.” The physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of these little ones are met in a caring family setting, and they now have a bright future.
- *Student Extension– Due to poverty, a great many deserving children are not able to complete High School. We identify talented young people, and provide scholarships to obtain their High School Diploma – opening doors for further training or apprenticeship, and empowering them to earn a decent living for themselves and their families.
- *Emmanuel Youth Training– ICCM assists promising young adults who, due to extreme poverty, lack opportunity for education & jobs. The Emmanuel Youth Training Coordination (EYTC) is a 1-year program, training these youth in computer skills, English, health & Christian living. Thanks to EYTC, the cycle of poverty is broken, and they can now go out and get jobs, living healthy & productive Christian lives.
- *Special Needs– The handicapped, the terminally ill, the disfigured, the traumatized… For those in dire circumstances with nobody to help them, we provide for their emotional, physical and spiritual needs, by placing them in a loving, caring environment and helping them to make the most of their life.
- *Seniors– As with children, there are many elderly who are displaced or abandoned, living and dying on city streets. ICCM tries to restore them to their families. But when that is not possible, we arrange a comfortable situation where they will be loved and their needs will be met.
- Emergency Benevolence– From time to time, compassionate financial assistance is offered to relieve destitute people in crisis situations (for emergency medical care, or transportation & housing needs). What a privilege, to be an instrument of God’s love to people in desperate circumstances. A little timely assistance goes a long way, changing despair into hope.
- Gene Sanders Memorial – A special program helping churches to extend the EYTC English course to the rural areas of Ethiopia.
*These 5 programs can be supported through one-time gifts, or through ICCM’s Sponsorship strategy which enables deeply gratifying personal relationships.